These sessions are suitable for Year 10 and 11 GCSE students who want to master essay writing.
Students will be able to develop their reading skills and craft their own writing skills, which are essential for success at GCSE level.
Students will be able to:
- Familiarise themselves with exam papers
- Identify implicit and explicit meaning of texts
- Develop interpretation and inference skills
- Support their responses with textual evidence
- Explore language and apply key jargon to GCSE answers
- Develop critical analysis skills
- Harness time management skills
Practise of past paper questions is essential for success at GCSE level. Our Exam Practice Clinic provides students with opportunities to complete exam questions receiving critical feedback on how they can improve, in a caring, supportive environment.
These sessions are run in small groups each Monday evening from 5 pm - 7pm, by an experienced teacher and Senior Examiner. One-to-one sessions can also be arranged, by request. Please contact the Centre to enquire.