Support Us

Tel: 075 9221 2375

Email Us

Dyslexia Teaching Centre

Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)


Your university's student services can tell you about the support available and how to apply for a DSA. This is a grant which can help pay the extra essential costs you may have as a direct result of specific learning differences (SpLDs).

To apply for a DSA, you will need a diagnostic assessment report from an accredited psychologist or specialist teacher.

More information about the DSA can be found in the DfES leaflet Bridging the Gap:


The sessions play an important role in my navigation of written and oral communication skills – PhD student, Arts & Humanities


NMH Rates for students in Higher Education supported by the Disabled Students' Allowance


Our specialism is supporting MA and PhD students in the creative arts.


For more information please contact the Centre on 075 9221 2375 or email us at